GREENSBORO, Ga. — Lovebirds can enjoy Valentine’s Day-inspired seasonal guest packages, ice skating under the bright winter stars and indulgent spa pampering with sensual ingredients.
Pets will get lots of loving too with the resort’s signature Puppy Love cooking class. And for the ultimate in togetherness, couples can cozy up and cook together during a BBQ Butler cooking lesson, available for Cottage guests.
Expansive 5,000-Square-Foot Ice Skating Rink
Open through February 16, 2014, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. & 4 to 8 p.m.
Setting the stage for romance, ice skating in the resort’s outdoor Pavilion accompanied by hot cocoa, will invigorate the senses and encourage some serious cuddling. Skating is complimentary for resort guests; non-resort guests price per session is $20 for children 12 and under; $30 for adults (price includes skate rentals, if needed).
Fire & Ice Package: Skate to Your Heart’s Content
Available through February 16, 2014
- Overnight accommodations in a resort-view guestroom
- Unlimited ice skating
- Valet parking for one vehicle per night
- S’mores turndown amenity
- $100 food and beverage credit per day
- Starting at $329 per night, exclusive of tax
To book this package, please call 800-826-1945.
Couples Escape: Quality Downtime at The Spa
The award-winning Spa offers a soothing sanctuary to connect with that special someone. The Spa’s Couples Escape includes: Couples Massage with Soak (105 minutes); Couples Pedicure (50 minutes); and champagne for two. 3 ½ hours of pampering for $599. Reserve at 706-467-7185.
Valentine’s Spa Treatments: Chocolate, Strawberry and Everything Nice
Offered throughout February; for Spa reservations and information, please call 706-467-7185.
- “Just Give Me Chocolate” Body Treatment – A Vichy shower service begins with a mimosa sugar scrub to slough away dry skin cells. Next comes an antioxidant rich chocolate mask with cocoa, coconut milk and honey to boost defenses and soften skin.
- The finish is an aloe and shea strawberry smash moisturizer – protecting skin from winter dryness. Then guests enjoy an indulgent chocolate truffle. 80 minutes, $215
- Chocolate Truffle Facial – After a gentle exfoliation to renew skin cells, the face is drenched with a calorie-free chocolate mousse that deliciously fights signs of aging. Cocoa is rich in antioxidants and hydrating oils leaving skin supple and smooth. A chocolate truffle is the very sweet ending to this pampering facial. 50 minutes, $135; 80 minutes, $199
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Manicure and Pedicure – Guests sip champagne while hands and feet are exfoliated with a sweet cream sugar scrub. Warm steamed towels help a delicious dark chocolate mask to seal in moisture and nourish skin. A strawberry cream, rich in aloe and vitamin C, locks in moisture and leaves skin dewy soft. 50-minute manicure, $65; 50-minute pedicure, $85
Share Culinary Activities and Dining Experiences with Those You Love
Cottage Stays Over Valentine’s Weekend Offer a Private Three-Hour BBQ Butler Class – Available Thursday, February 14, through Sunday, February 17; classes held from 6 to 9 p.m. The Ritz-Carlton Lodge is famous for its BBQ Butler experiences. During Valentine’s weekend, the BBQ butlers will give a private BBQ lesson, available for two to six people staying in a three-bedroom cottage. $75 per person. Call 706-467-7059 for reservations.
Puppy Love Cooking Class at Georgia’s Bistro – Saturday, February 16, at 2 p.m.
This class is offered for a guest and his or her canine Valentine. Learn how to make tasty dog biscuits and other treats. The fun continues outside by the fire pit where dog participants will be treated to pet delicacies and their own pet bowl. The resort’s rescue mascot, Dooley, personally greets all guests. $12 per person. Call 706-467-7059 for reservations.
- For fireside romance – Chiminea Dining during February. Guests dine al fresco under the stars, lakeside, on Adirondack chairs with plush blankets and choose from a three-course prix fixe menu for two. Dishes may include an Artisan Cheese Plate, Filet Mignon with Cabernet Sauce & Grilled Salmon and Shrimp with Blood Orange Butter Sauce. Couples cap off the evening with s’mores or Chocolate Covered Strawberries. A bottle of wine is included. $125 per person; reserve at least 24 hours in advance.
- Georgia’s Bistro His & Hers Valentine’s Day Menu (Available February 14 & 15) – This delectable Four-Course Tasting Menu – with tantalizing delicacies for both sexes – is offered from 6 to 9:30 p.m. and commences with Love Bites to Share such as Lobster Salad on Grilled Sourdough with Asher Blue Cheese and Country Ham. The Second Course: “His,” Glazed Beef Short Rib with Red Cabbage and Crispy Shallots; “Hers,” Seared Scallops with Cauliflower Puree and Hen of the Woods Mushrooms. The Third Course: “His,” Espresso Rubbed Bison Strip and “Hers,” Roasted Salmon. This sensuous meal culminates with decadent desserts: “His,” Dark Chocolate & Sour Cherry Molten Cake and “Hers,” Passion Fruit Cheesecake. $70 per person for Four Courses or guests may order items on this special menu a la carte.
- Aphrodisiac Valentine’s Menu Served at Gaby’s by the Lake (Available February 14 & 15) – An array of foods historically associated with love will certainly put couples in the mood. Offered from 5 to 10 p.m., this special menu features: Starter of French Baked Egg with Fresh Herbs, Bacon, Parmesan, Fried Oyster Crème Fraîche and Caviar; Main Course of Crab and Andouille Crusted Red Fish with Blue Cheese Grits and Grilled Asparagus. To end this magnificent repast: Champagne Gelee with Macerated Strawberries and assorted Chocolate Truffles. The customary menu will also be served.
- Throughout February: Georgia’s Bistro “3 for $33” Chocolate-Inspired Tasting Menu – Dining well with a reasonable tab is always romance inducing. First Course choice: Strawberry Spinach Salad with feta, pecans and chocolate balsamic dressing or Sweet Potato Soup. Entrée choice: Chocolate Glazed Beef Short Ribs with Roasted Parsnips and Chili Oil or Macadamia-Crusted Salmon with Roasted Eggplant and a White Chocolate butter sauce. And for dessert: Chocolate Crème Brulee. This decadent dinner even includes the sommelier’s selection of wine. Georgia’s Bistro hours: Dinner, 6 to 9:30 p.m.
For dining reservations, please call 706-467-7135.